EMV CHIP CARD INFORMATION
Hocking Valley Bank began issuing Visa® debit cards with EMV (EuroPay®, MasterCard®, Visa®) microchip technology in December 2016. The new technology, used in Europe for several years, provides improved security for debit cards in that card numbers and PINs (personal identification numbers) cannot be saved to a merchant’s terminal and the card is more difficult to counterfeit than cards with traditional magnetic strips.
To better serve and protect you, we have decided to issue the more secure card to all of our debit card customers through mid-April. When your new card arrives, follow the instructions provided to activate it, then destroy the card you currently hold. The personal identification number (PIN) associated with your current debit card remains the same. If you have automatic payments authorized on your card, please contact the associated merchants with the new expiration date and, if it is required, the CVV2 code (the three-digit number on the back of the card).
Please note the following exception:
If you’ve received a new card during the normal course of business between December 2016 and March 2017, your debit card will not be replaced as it already has the new technology. If we’ve replaced your debit card due to loss or fraud and its expiration date fell outside the noted December – March dates, however, your card will be replaced. We apologize for the inconvenience, but have no way to exclude these particular cards from our card order.
Should you have questions concerning this announcement, please complete the Contact Us form or call us at 740-592-444 during business hours.
Simplify your life with a Hocking Valley Bank debit or ATM card and use it anywhere Visa® is accepted.
- Purchases and ATM withdrawals post against your account in "real time"
- 24-hour fraud monitoring
- Card activity is included on your monthly account statement
- Access up to $500 a day at any ATM and spend up to $2,000 a day on purchases*
- Optional text message alerts about your card activity
Enroll My Card For Text Message Alerts
*Limits can be temporarily raised for large withdrawals and purchases by calling 740-592-4441
We care about the safety of your ATM/Debit Card
- If potential fraud is detected on your debit or ATM card, an email notification will be sent to you. You will have the option to reply with “Fraud” or “No Fraud.” To ensure you get our notifications, please make sure your contact information is up to date.
- One minute after receiving the email notification, if no response has been received, you will receive a text alert from 32874 (between the hours of 7am and 9pm EST). You can reply with either “Fraud” or “No Fraud.” Again, it’s important that we have your current contact information.
- If there is still no response from you after five minutes , you will start to receive phone calls to confirm or deny the suspicious activity. If you don’t respond to our email, text or phone call(s), your card will be deactivated to protect your account from the suspected fraud.
- Please add 1-800-417-4592 to your contact list as Fraud Center and it will display when you receive a call.
- You may call us to confirm your card has been properly deactivated and order a new card at 740-592-4441 or 1-888-482-5854 in the event of a fraudulent transaction.
- These messages will never ask you to enter or confirm your PIN number.
- Please note that, though we don’t charge for this service, data and message rates may apply through your cell phone carrier.
Report a Lost or Stolen Debit or ATM Card
- During business hours call 740-592-4441
- If you're enrolled for online banking, login to hvbonline, click the Options Tab and select ATM/Debit Cards to report the card as lost or stolen
- Call MoneyTalk$ at 1-888-482-5855, select Option 6: Card Services and follow the simple voice prompts
Activate a New Debit or ATM Card
- Call our Card Services Department at 740-592-4441 or 1-888-482-5854 during business hours
- Enter your 4-digit PIN number at any Hocking Valley Bank ATM
- If you're enrolled for online banking, login to hvbonline, click the Options Tab and select ATM/Debit Cards
- Call MoneyTalks at 1-888-482-5855 and choose Option 6: Card Services and follow the simple voice prompts