On September 7, Equifax, one of three major credit reporting agencies, announced that the records of approximately 143 million Americans were breached between May and July of this year. We’ve been monitoring the situation closely and, in partnership with the American Bankers Association, have developed an informational piece that can be used to address your concerns as a consumer AND a customer of Hocking Valley Bank now that more information is known. Though names, birth dates, addresses, social security numbers, and some driver’s license numbers were obtained, it doesn’t appear that hackers gained access to full credit reports nor were debit card numbers exposed, meaning it is unlikely funds can be withdrawn from a checking account. The biggest risk posed by this breach is identity theft.
We’ve been given assurances that information we provide has not been compromised. As it is likely that you also have accounts with other financial institutions, including credit card companies, please take a moment to learn about some of the steps you can take to protect yourself by visiting the link below.
We want you to succeed and live the life you want. Sometimes that means asking for help.
Our lending team can help determine the solution that will work best for you. Since we’re locally owned and operated, we offer prompt decisions.
When you work with our experienced lenders, you'll get the personal attention you deserve from first call to closing.
- Fixed Rate Mortgages
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- First Time Homebuyer Loans
- Construction Loans
- Equity Loans
|Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM)||* ARMs offer lower payments and closing costs than most fixed rate mortgage. |
* You can take advantage of lower rates in the future.
* If you plan on owning your home for a short period of time or are planning a renovation in the future, an ARM is a good option.
| * Your interest rate is fixed at three or five year increments over the life of your loan. |
* You have rate protections at each adjustment in the form of rate caps.
* The rate caps are currently at 2% per adjustment period and 5% over the life of the loan.
|Fixed Rate Mortgage||* With a fixed rate mortgage you'll always know what your monthly payment of principal interest will be.||* Your interest rate is guaranteed to remain fixed for the length of your loan.|
|Home Equity Line of Credit||* You can use the equity in your home for home improvements, purchase vehicles or any other personal expense you may incur. |
* The line is revolving for a 10 year period and can borrow and payback at your discretion. You have payment flexibility.
* If there is not a balance owed on the line, no payment is required.
* Closing costs are typically lower than a conventional mortgage.
|* The line is established based upon the equity in the real estate. |
* Monthly payments are calculated at 1% of the oustanding balance or $50.00, whichever is greater.
* The line is available for a 10 year period and can be borrowed and paid back multiple times over that period.
We’re here to help you finance a new or pre-owned vehicle. We offer competitive rates, convenient payment options and a fast approval process.
Planned or unplanned, life happens. Whether it’s an unexpected expense or a fun family vacation, we have personal loan options to get you on your way. We offer fixed rates, multiple term options and local, quick decisions.